Old June 15th 05, 01:51 PM
Jack Davis

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 21:25:51 -0700, "Icarus"
wrote:

Hey guys, thanks for the reply. But it never really answered the question.
I think we all understand that a visit to the cockpit post-9/11 is out of
the question. What I have failed to do, is to find the actual regs. Can
someone help?

121.547 Admission to flight deck.

(a) No person may admit any person to the flight deck of an aircraft
unless the person being admitted is

(1) A crewmember;

(2) An FAA air carrier inspector, a DOD commercial air carrier
evaluator, or an authorized representative of the National
Transportation Safety Board, who is performing official duties;

(3) Any person who

(i) Has permission of the pilot in command, an appropriate management
official of the part 119 certificate holder, and the Administrator;
and

(ii) Is an employee of

(A) The United States, or

(B) A part 119 certificate holder and whose duties are such that
admission to the flightdeck is necessary or advantageous for safe
operation; or

(C) An aeronautical enterprise certificated by the Administrator and
whose duties are such that admission to the flightdeck is necessary or
advantageous for safe operation.

(4) Any person who has the permission of the pilot in command, an
appropriate management official of the part 119 certificate holder and
the Administrator. Paragraph (a)(2) of this section does not limit the
emergency authority of the pilot in command to exclude any person from
the flightdeck in the interests of safety.

-Jack Davis
B737
..
Charlie