Old January 4th 07, 01:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Sam Spade

Default GNS 430W vs GNS 480

Ron Rosenfeld wrote:

Perhaps what you are asking is whether the MDA on an LNAV approach with
advisory vertical guidance can be treated as a DA. When last I checked
(with the local FSDO) this was in a state of flux. However, the written
guidance from Garmin indicates that LNAV approaches should be flown using
the MDA concept, even if there is advisory vertical guidance.

I was actually asking all of the above. ;-) My take on it would be the
case of advisory vertical guidance on an LNAV-only approach with the
"approved operator" note cannot be used as a DA unless you have a letter
of authorization.