Old September 27th 09, 12:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.misc
Stubby[_3_]

Default Finally following my dreams

On Sep 26, 3:14*pm, wildhorsesracing wildhorsesracing.
wrote:
I started at 45 and just finished this year - I am 47! *I am colorblind
and can't fly at night, so your health condition might just limit
when/where you can fly... *go for it!

--
wildhorsesracing

I started at 51 and still fly occasionally at 68. I have 4 major
medical problems but the FAA has a "Special Issuance" process that got
me a medical certificate last year and I'm up for renewal right now.
The check medical reports every year now, with a normal 2 year
examination. Work through your AME on this. Mine was extremely
helpful and put me in contact with the Regional Flight Surgeon at the
FAA. But a word of caution: get all the required test results all
ready to send in because there is a 30 day time out on your
application. If you exceed that, you will have to reapply.