Old June 4th 04, 10:02 PM
EAC

Abrigon Gusiq wrote:
Its one way of dealing with Vietnam and like wars that did not go
well, atleast in the public mind.. Not that there was not oddities and
corruptions cause of WW2.

Much of the crisises of the world today can be directly related to
thigns we did not do during and after WW2. Like where did the Atlantic
Charter go after FDR died? Well, instead of helping give former
imperial/colonial possessions their freedom, we allowed the empires to
keep them and abuse them as before. Vietnam as being one.

"sanjian" wrote in message news:igXvc.1129$5B2.79@lakeread04...
Hoh Chi Minh actually asked us for help with France before turning towards
Moscow.

Well, many countries asked toward Moscow AFTER they asked Washington
D.C. and was turned down.

This is actually is quite acceptable, one is allowed to not give help
and let things work it for itself. It's one's right on whether or not
one should give help. Forcing them, inflicting violence on them,
giving lecture to them, boycotting the, and so on so that they will
help isn't acceptable.

It should be noted that interfering with one's country own affair on
the other hand, isn't acceptable.

I wonder how history would have played out if
we had honored their request.

The term 'we' implied as if the citizens of the U.S.A. has the same
will as the government of the U.S.A.

It's not in the will of the citizens of the U.S.A.'s to go into a war,
let alone 'liberating' other people countries and fighting other
people's wars.

As for on how history will turn out of the request is accepted.

Well... It's not like that the U.S.A. government can accept the
request even if they wanted to, since in the end, the U.S.A. governmet
too like any other official government is only a tool, but not a tool
of its citizens.