Old April 30th 04, 07:19 PM
Jay Honeck

Are you getting 140 knots in cruise? I get 143mph (125 knots) at 65% and
about 11gph. I never run it over 65% in cruise.

At 5500 feet, running 23 squared, we can bank on 140 knots. Actually 142.

A previous owner put every known speed mod on our bird -- and a couple of
little "tweaks" here and there that certainly add a fraction of a knot or
two. He was a real hot-rodder (he now owns the King Comanche, the Comanche
400), and did everything he could to get the maximum out of this bird.

Of course, the flip-side of running at 23 squared is that we're burning
14-15 gph. But, oh, that sweet car gas burns SO much easier....

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA