Old February 25th 18, 06:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jfitch

Default Updating to Flarm 6.42 seems to fail?

On Saturday, February 24, 2018 at 7:43:34 PM UTC-8, Richard Pfiffner wrote:
On Saturday, February 24, 2018 at 5:15:26 PM UTC-8, jfitch wrote:
I tried updating my PowerFlarm to 6.42, expires in 11/19. It has 6.40 now, expires 2/19. It persistently does not update. The log file says it found the firmware file, confirmed its applicability, copies it to memory. But subsequently it comes up reporting 6.40, expiring 2/19. It also reports this to other things it talks to.

Anybody having this problem, and any suggestions?

John

Make a FLARMCFG.TXT file with

$PFLAC,S,DEF
$PFLAC,S,CLEARLOGS

Start the PowerFlarm with only this FLARMCFG.TXT on the stick.

Wait until you have a solid green or solid red light.

Then put the new firmware on a clean formatted USB stick.

Insert power up the PowerFlarm and wait until you have a solid red (no GPS LOCK)
or a Solid Green (GPS LOCK)

You can then connect a display and check the firmware version.

Have patience nothing happens fast. Wait 5 minutes but not longer.

Richard
www.craggyaero.com

Thanks, I'll try clearing it all out and see if it takes. Once cleared, do you do the firmware first, then a config file?