Old April 4th 06, 08:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft

Default I Want to Fly Military Helicopters!

John Yasar wrote:
Thomas Ewing wrote:

Any information is appreciated.

I am already in the service with the same goal. You got some good
advice, let me know if you need any current info on how to become a
warrant. You can also try going officer also.

Warrant Officer would be best. Regular Officers, as we called them, only
flew for a few years before they were assigned to non-flying positions.

I wouldn't be a source of current information since I retired in 1995
but talk to a recruiter and see what your options would be. When I
joined the Army back in 1970 I had no idea I could be a pilot. I could
kiss the recruiter for pushing me toward that goal. I flew for 25 years,
it was great.

If the recruiter tells you flight school is an option have him put it in
writing and go for it. You will never regret it.

If you do see a recruiter let us know how it turns out.

--

boB
Wing 70

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)