Old December 11th 03, 04:37 AM
phil hunt

On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 23:50:15 -0000, Keith Willshaw wrote:

"phil hunt" wrote in message
. ..
On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 13:15:45 -0000, Keith Willshaw

wrote:

You're absolutely right. (I will have to update my article).

In which case I wonder why Sir Kevin Tebbit was so unhappy about it?

Perhaps the report of Sir Kevin Tebbitt's unhappiness
was equally inaccurate. I suspect the truth is that because
the contract didnt follow the letter of the regulations
in that it was not put out to tender he was covering himself against
any political fallout by insisting on written instructions.

Possibly, but if that was the case, you'd expect civil servants
would do that all the time, and not (as in real life) just one doing
it, once in a year.

Anyway i expect the parliamentary inquiry will dig something up.

(Email: , but first subtract 275 and reverse
the last two letters).