Old June 1st 09, 11:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2KA

Default Some improvements to my Airport Information website

I've finally gotten around to resolving the issue 9B brought up last
month. My site now uses the geographical coordinates given in the in
an input turnpoint file (if there is one) in preference to those
listed in the FAA database. This was done so that the locations given
in an official contest turnpoint list will not be altered.

I've also corrected a couple of bugs:

1. Turnpoint numbers again appear as part of the long turnpoint names
(CUP files only) for numbered tunpoints. I broke this accidentally
sometime in late April.
2. Turnpoint options (such as A, L, T, etc.) again appear correctly
in output NDB files.

All in all, these changes should make my site a bit more contest
friendly. If you are planning on flying in a contest, I recommend
obtaining the official contest turnpoint list (in tab-delimited form)
from the Worldwide Turnpoint Exchange, and then using it as the input
turnpoint file for my site. The result will be an integrated list
containing the contest turnpoints together with surrounding non-
turnpoint airports. The output file will contain runway widths,
lenghts, surface types, communication frequencies, and contact phone
numbers for all the airports.

Lynn Alley
"2KA"