Old July 20th 19, 04:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default No LXNav TrafficView Manual???

Just a shout out to LXNav...

I just received a Flarmview yesterday and, before picking it up at the
post office, I sat at home with my cable building tools but was unable
to get a cable to test properly.Â* When I opened the Flarmview there was
a flat cable included with an RJ-45 connector on one end and an RJ-11 on
the other, a pretty good start.

At the airport, I opened the panel of my Stemme, found the cable
splitter that I'd installed a couple of years ago to split the signal
from my PowerFlarm portable, one leg to my ClearNav and the other to a
K6-BT to send a Bluetooth signal to my wife's Streak/XCSoar.Â* I removed
one cable from the splitter's output and connected the Flarmview,
powered up and...Â* It worked!Â* So I disabled the Bluetooth channel in
the Streak, pulled the glider out and went flying.

I was so happy seeing a target on the Flarmview before takeoff that I
did not notice that the ClearNav was no longer displaying targets.Â* Late
in the flight I noticed that the ClearNav was not displaying a lowercase
"f", indicating connectivity with the Flarm,
Â*so I thought it might be a setup problem with the Flarmview blocking
the ClearNav.Â* Back at the hangar, I changed the setup on the Flarmview
to make it a slave peripheral.Â* Then I thought to enable the Flarm
channel on the Streak.Â* Yup, I'd removed the wrong cable from the
splitter.Â* The Streak was displaying Flarm traffic. So I swapped the
cables and the "f" popped up on the ClearNav.Â* I'll have to fly it today
and see how it all plays together.

On 7/20/2019 8:40 AM, John DeRosa OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net wrote:
The new LXNav TrafficView has been available for a while now. But where the heck is the manual?

I know, I know, it is similar enough to the older FlarmView so we can "just figure things out". But a new expensive product and no manual available at startup? Really?

One thing we have all noticed is that glider specific avionics manufacturers seem to think that manuals are an afterthought and there is no need to update them with major software releases.

- "Manual-less" John

--
Dan, 5J