Old April 28th 04, 03:39 PM
Rick Durden

Anthony,

You might want to go to AVweb (www.avweb.com), then click on
"columns", then on "The Pilot's Lounge" and scroll down to the column
on aerobatics. It has a discussion of the more common sorts of akro
trainers.

Any of the ones you named will work just fine. It doesn't matter as
to the type of airplane in which you take your initial training. The
smaller, lower powered ones will require more work on your part, but
you will be able to handle anything after that.

All the best,
Rick

"Anthony Hewitt." wrote in message u...
Good afternoon all.

Im seriously contemplating beginning an aerobatics endorsement.

I have been flying for 2 years and want to "add".

I have done plenty of research and have narrowed it down to a number of
aeroplanes:

The Zlin (sp?)
The Citabria
The Cessna aerobat.

I know the Decathlon and Zlin are faster and more manueverable but they are
also significantly more expensive for lessons (and I dont like the idea of
learning to fly a tailwheel unless its essential).

Question is, does the Cessna provide enough enjoyment ( I know it loops,
but...) or is it really a Clayton's aerobatics aircraft. Basically, will I
have enough fun in it to get by? Im interested in those whove flown some of
these and what their thoughts were.

Thanks and regards,
AH.