Old March 13th 07, 05:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
xyzzy

Default Triad Aviation?

On Mar 12, 6:39 pm, "Bob Chilcoat" wrote:
It looks like the Archer needs a new engine. We're just short of 2,000
hours, the pressures are all 70 or above, and it's not making metal, but
there is a lot of loud piston slap going on. We get mixed opinions about
whether or not this can cause a sudden stoppage, so we're probably erring on
the side of caution.

At any rate, the best price we can find is for a rebuild with new Lycoming
cylinders for $15,000 from Triad Engines. I'm not too sure about trusting a
shop named after an international crime syndicate,

The nearby class c airport is Piedmont-Triad International, if that
gives you an idea of what they are really named after