Old March 14th 07, 03:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Marco Leon

Default Triad Aviation?

Air Power is advertising the 0-360-A4M at around $16.4K for a factory OH. Am
I missing something in this price calculation? That said, geographic
proximity is not an insignificant factor in deciding an engine OH. Being in
NY, Mattituck and Penn Yan would probably get the nod when I need one.
Hopefully not too soon *knock on wood*.

Marco

"Bob Chilcoat" wrote in message
It looks like the Archer needs a new engine. We're just short of 2,000
hours, the pressures are all 70 or above, and it's not making metal, but
there is a lot of loud piston slap going on. We get mixed opinions about
whether or not this can cause a sudden stoppage, so we're probably erring
on the side of caution.

At any rate, the best price we can find is for a rebuild with new Lycoming
cylinders for $15,000 from Triad Engines. I'm not too sure about trusting
a shop named after an international crime syndicate, but what the heck,
that's over 3,000 less than a Penn Yan, Mattituck or Lycoming factory OH.
I would appreciate any direct knowledge about this company. Anyone have
any direct experience with these guys, in Burlington, N?

Thanks.

N44511