Old September 6th 08, 08:04 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Peter Hucker[_2_]

Default Ren Yenc

On Fri, 05 Sep 2008 14:08:27 -0500, Sj wrote:

On Fri, 05 Sep 2008 18:36:30 +0100, Peter Hucker
wrote:

On Thu, 04 Sep 2008 14:42:05 -0500, Sj wrote:

On Thu, 04 Sep 2008 19:26:46 +0100, Peter Hucker
wrote:

On Mon, 1 Sep 2008 19:53:40 +0200, "Martin Helms"
wrote:

"Chris D" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
. com.au...

"michael hoare" wrote in message
I dont care if its been said a thousand times i fail to see the point
of encrypting entries so that they cant be viewed without downloading
some other crap to view them ....whats the purpose of it ..what purpose
does it serve besides ****ing off those who cant view the pics i really
dont see the point of it all
Mick H

I don't like it either. But after missing heaps of posts, I gave up and
ended up downloading a small program from the sight attached below. It
creates a shortcut on the desk top called 'OeyEnc Loader' which opens
'Outlook Express' and allows it to read yEnc post so long as the yEnc is
written into the subject heading.

This is exactly the same I am using, however, the problem with the most
recent YEnc posts lies within you last sentence, "so long as the yEnc is
written into the subject heading".
Unfortunately, the person posting it (oh so wiesly chosing yEnc as a handle)
ignored this most important rule about yEnc.

It's not required at all. A decent newsreader will decode yenc
without the word in the subject.

It was intended that way by the programmer who
'developed' yEnc, Juergen Helbing ... but not all
software's followed what he intended ...

If I ever post in yEnc, I'd look for software which
is compliant ... if it's still around ;-)

I do not believe in rules. It works for me without the rule, so
there!

We know ;-)

But I think I'd try to follow the
programmer's wishes

It says in the manual for my Honda to avoid sharp turns at high speed.
I don't follow that either!

Love is complicated machinery.
But sometimes all you need is a good screw to fix it.