Old March 12th 21, 01:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Randy Acree

Default SPOT replacement

On Thursday, March 11, 2021 at 9:17:29 AM UTC-7, wrote:
You can do Inreach for about $150 a year (Safety plan) plus $0.60/hr of live tracking. Just FYI.

T8

I rarely had SPOT hits less than one half hour and no altitude read out. Love the Garmin. It also gives you the ability to send and receive text messages via satellite from your phone via blue tooth and the app. That is worth the price to me to guarantee contact if you land out in an area with no cell service. No regrets for switching.

AV8