Old July 16th 10, 06:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
cavelamb[_2_]

Default World's loudest airplane

Stu Fields wrote:
Now that is an achievement. We have been slowly avoiding the Airshow format
that has to have a Harrier, or F16's busting my eardrums or a jet powered
truck drag race.
Way back when EAA was about Experiemental Aviation. Now John Deere and Ford
get higher billing and more up front space than the homebuilts. The latest
notice from EAA about this years Oshkosh almost didn't mention anything
about the homebuilts. They even promote the LSAs as a method of driving
down the cost of aviation. Hoo Hah. Most of them are for more than
$100,000 and have similar restrictions to a certified ship.
I wish some one would get the EAA logo from EAA and let them have the WBAME:
Worlds Biggest Airshow and Marketing Event. They continue to try to be
something for everybody and have a vague everything focus..
We will be there this year but I sure don't like to drive 2500 miles to have
my ears damaged. Hell one of the best shows I've seen was the guy with the
Taylorcraft that sheds an aileron... He doesn't need 1000 watts.
We have been tending to go to just fly-ins where the personal aircraft are
more the central theme. It is rare that we are subjected to 200db noise
levels there.

Stu,

While I appreciate your feelings, I've got bunches of Taylorcraft hours, and
I'd HATE to lose an aileron!

Jeez... That's more excitement than I'd EVER want!

Something on par with losing a blade from a tail rotor, if you get my drift.

But as for EAA, take notice that is has changed.
There is money involved now.
Not yours or mine, but THEIRS.
That is going to drive the industry (yep, that's what it is now) for the
how-many years.

Aviation has always been expensive.
Trying to drive the cost down is a noble thing to do.

Question is, will it save the homebuilt category from the politicians?

--

Richard Lamb

PS: If I ever get airborne in a helicopter again, it would be with you...
So if I ever show up, please sound confident, ok?