Old July 17th 10, 06:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Morgans[_2_]

Default World's loudest airplane

"vaughn" wrote

Yep, me too. But that issue has nothing to do with how the EAA is running
things It just means that we are getting to be old reprobates for whom
nothing is new anymore. If the airshow gets boring, or hot, or too
crowded, I just go back to the exhibits and enjoy having the place to
myself.

I make use of seeing the homebuilts in the showplane parking area while the
airshow is taking place one day. I place most of my attention on the
showplanes, and look up to see parts of the airshow that are interesting.
For example, Shawn Tucker has learned some new tricks like his hovering
hanging on the prop, and also has put a new twist on some of his tumbling
maneuvers. I also still enjoy seeing a P-51 doing more than making straight
and level passes down past the crowd.

On the most part, I agree with what is being said, but I enjoy seeing all of
the new products that are introduced, and like to see all of the exceptional
craftmanship displayed by many of the homebuilders.

I have family commitments that kept me away from airventure this year, but I
still will continue going when I can.
--
Jim in NC