Old January 16th 04, 07:08 AM
J.D.

I am looking for Cox model engines. I prefere the .049 sizes, any
condition,
ones with medal tanks are best (they can take a beating where-as the
plastics just bust), but any and all sized coxes will do. I am building
several small 1/2a planes for a group kids and need the engines.

Thanks
Alan

Go over to www.ebay.com/ and type "cox gas" into the search engine. They
run around $10 each.

Bernadette

Yeah, but most of 'em won't run, without a lotta work, at that price off eBay.
The ones that will are usually TDs, and generally run quite a bit more. By the
sound of it, what Alan needs is a half dozen Babe Bees in running condition for
some 1/2A ukie beginners planks, like the Li'l Wizard and Swordsman. If I had
any more than the two I've got left, I'd donate 'em to the cause. Maybe
someone else has a box of 'em stashed somewhere.

FWIW, Norvel's Big Mig Sport is a better running, more powerful, and more user
friendly engine, and generally runs less than 40 bucks, including the tank. It
is, however, a plastic tank.

J.D.
to e-mail, pull the post