Old October 6th 20, 01:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jfitch

Default Best Overall Motorglider available today?

On Sunday, October 4, 2020 at 8:44:11 PM UTC-7, Eric Greenwell wrote:
2G wrote on 10/4/2020 5:04 PM:
ling non-engined gliders by about 5:1, it may not take that long.

The telling difference for was when I did a 30nm glide at Ely in my 26e with an ASG29; I ended up 3,000ft below him! I was down below ridge height scratching and he easily connected with a thermal and was gone. The better glide of the 31 is really substantial as is the engine performance at high-density altitudes.

If he was getting 50:1, that suggests you were only getting 27:1. What speed were
you flying? What were the respective wing loadings? Did you follow closely behind?
Did you have a lot of bugs?

If he forgot to put his motor away, that'd about do it.