Old June 6th 05, 11:15 AM
Richard Ogley

Cub Driver writes:

I read a book by a glider pilot who gave up powered aircraft because
he couldn't maintain the 80 hours a year he felt was the minimum to
stay current. I can't, either, but I plan for 50 hours and I try to
fly every week.

Well it's always a talking point, how much do you need to stay
current? 50 hours a year is a good benchmark. It's much more than
the rate I flew at for my licence (a two-year timescale), of course I
was getting constant training during that time

Of the current pilots out there on 'average' incomes, how much flying
do you do a year?

(I meant "spins" in my earlier reply, not stalls. Sorry!)

Sure. The more I think about it, spin training is handy. Of course
I've done unusual attitude recovery during the instrument training,
but no spins.

Richard.