Old April 22nd 09, 06:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Logajan

Default Right wing extremist large aircraft threaten our lives...

"Mike" nospam @ aol.com wrote:
My "point" was that there's plenty of valid reasons for the DHS
report,

Those valid reasons appear to require a scanning probe microscope to
find. The report didn't name a single organization or group needing
scrutiny. It was entirely speculative - and a reasonably well-read
twelve year old of average intelligence could have produced it. Utterly
useless for its target audience unless one has a low opinion of law
enforcement. Lastly, the author seemed to be cribbing points from the
Stallone movie "First Blood".

which makes pretty much all of the rest of the wingnut rants
impotent (as if they ever had a chance of being valid anyway).

The main objection from genuine conservatives and libertarians is that
the DHS report defined "right wing extremism" as also including anyone
that is "...mainly antigovernment, rejecting federal authority in favor
of state or local authority...."

If you're pro-government, well then I can see why you see nothing of
concern. A chasm between views.

Now if you had actually read the DHS report (and clearly you haven't),
you'd know it didn't simply name those that "oppose" their views. It
was Rightwing extremist groups that are hate-oriented towards
religious, racial, or ethnic groups. Perhaps you think that all who
oppose the current administration fit into that category, no?

Ironically one of the statements in the report seems to describe the
liberal and libertarian angst I observed during the Bush II
administration:

"Conspiracy theories involving declarations of martial law, impending
civil strife or racial conflict, suspension of the U.S. Constitution,
and the creation of citizen detention camps often incorporate aspects of
a failed economy."

(Federal and local government influence in the minutia of our lives
appears to me to have grown irrespective of alleged administration
political leanings.)

The report is only 10 pages long and is available here (among other
places):

http://michellemalkin.cachefly.net/m...m-09-04-07.pdf