Old December 31st 18, 05:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Eight

Default Proposed 2019 Changes to SSA Competition Rules - Feedback perioduntil 1/10/19

On Monday, December 31, 2018 at 10:37:51 AM UTC-5, Luke Szczepaniak wrote:
Will points be awarded for extra distance done in the new smaller turn points in the assigned task? From a tactical perspective this is a big difference between FAI and SSA rules.

All the best in the new year.
Luke Szczepaniak

Pretty clear the AT turn is still an area turn.

The larger tactical difference is our area start vs FAI line start.

I'd like to see the US adopt FAI start & turn rules for the AT.

Evan Ludeman / T8