Old May 21st 08, 03:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Sliker[_3_]

Default Epoxy is really crap for homebuilding

On Tue, 20 May 2008 14:39:35 -0700 (PDT), bizguy
wrote:

For me health is a major issue. I am extremely allergic to it.

I would enjoy working on a plane, but now most all plans specify its
use.

Epoxy is the one with the allergy problem. You could probably work
with vinyl ester, and all the Glasairs are made from it, and some
other designs. They say they've not had one instance of anyone being
allergic to vinyl ester resin. Although I know of one builder who
claims to have become sensitized to it. But I suspect it's a lie to
cover up their getting burned out on the project very early and
wanting a good excuse as to why they got rid of it.