Old May 21st 08, 03:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Sliker[_3_]

Default Epoxy is really crap for homebuilding

On Tue, 20 May 2008 16:42:04 -0500, Gig 601Xl Builder
wrote:

bizguy wrote:

For me health is a major issue. I am extremely allergic to it.

I would enjoy working on a plane, but now most all plans specify its
use.

Plenty of metal planes out there that you don't have to use it.

Yes, and aluminum is a heck of a lot lighter when the part is
finished. I've read in a Glasair, if it were built in aluminum, it
would weigh 400 lbs lighter. That's a typical penalty for building in
regular glass/foam/resin.