Old August 8th 04, 02:48 PM
Peter Kemp

On Sun, 08 Aug 2004 09:21:46 GMT, "The Enlightenment"
wrote:

I don't see that anywhere that Spielberg give a "human heart" as you say to
any German character in SPR (saving private ryan): He turns the main German
character into a vile treacherous and dishonourable ogre as is to be
expected.

Ogre? He's shown as scared out of his wits, and then is picked up by
another German unit and continues fighting. He never gave his word
that he's find Alliedf troops, so where id he lose his honour?

As is usual Germans are shown as idiots that have 2/3rds of
their bodies hanging out of a 'crap' poorly simulated "tiger tank" ready to
get shot up like idiots when in fact these tanks did NOT have peep holes for
americans to stick thompson submachine guns into

What about the Drivers vision slot like at
http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/2WWtiger.htm ?

, they opperated in pairs
and hosed of infantry of each other and had Grenade lauchers that fired up
Grenades vertically to clear any infantry on or near the tanks. In 'Band of
Brothers' they are just dumb targets.

On a narow street how can tanks be mutually supporting? That's what
the infantry was for. And don't forget the TIger was stripped of
attackers by the 20mm at one point.

No arguments about U-571 being a bag of pants though - worst film I
saw that year.

Peter Kemp