Old August 6th 03, 05:43 AM
BTIZ

so why fly with polarized lenses.. I thought I had read somewhere that
polarized lenses were not compatible with flying and some canopies or
cockpit glass. But I'm sure it was many years and many technology changes in
the past.

BT

"Jason Armistead" wrote in message
om...
(Randy Lervold) wrote in message

. com...
Paul and Uli,

As the resident dealers would you mind providing an overview of the
history of this tangled web? As an owner of CAI equipment I'm
confused. Who started the company, who was it sold to, how many times,
and who's running it now? I would think many members of this community
would appreciate some perspective on this.

Thanks,
Randy Lervold
Vancouver, Wa

While Paul and Uli speak of good service, I can only say that my club
has been waiting on a replacement set of units for our 302 and 306
repeater since they were installed in February 2003.

The original screens in both units had the LCD polarisation 90 degrees
out of whack, so that anyone looking at them with Polaroid glasses
can't see anything but a blackened screen. This all comes down to a
manufacturing defect that wasn't picked up by the LCD manufacturer or
by Cambridge. If you look at any other LCD screen e.g. watch, car
radio, etc. you need to turn your head 90 degrees sideways before they
go black - the ones in the 302 and 306 are incorrectly made. The ones
in our 303s are OK.

To replace the screens, one must replace the entire units.

Regardless of who is to blame, we're still waiting for our
replacements to arrive. Nearly 6 months and counting ... Not good
customer service at all.

Jason