Old July 9th 06, 08:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.misc,uk.rec.aviation,uk.transport.air,rec.aviation.products
Alistair Gunn

Default Concorde - join the campaign

In rec.aviation.military John A. Weeks III twisted the electrons to say:
The only curious thing is why it took so long.

As you said later on in your post ...

In fact, a previous time that a Concorde hit debris and punctured the
fuel tanks, the aircraft managed to survive without crashing.

.... so that would be two cases in more than a few years of take-offs /
landings. Which would tend to suggest that the reason "it took so long"
was because it wasn't a very likely event.

I could also point the Boeing 737 rudder defect?