Old April 23rd 07, 05:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
The Visitor

Default Radio buzz

Impressive response, but my question was not answered.
I will restate it.

"If he opens it up, isn't there some sort of qualifications he needs to
certify it and return it to service?"

That was my origonal question, you seemed to have a reaction to. I
wasn't trying to tell you anything. But I guess I should have known
better than to ask a question.

In Canada radios get "green tags" and avionics shops have to meet
certain qualifications and be certified to do so. It costs them a lot of
$$$ to do so. They even put stickers on the radio case and withness
paint on the screws. Strangely they did at some of the US shops I have
visited.

That's all, I just didn't know a private owner could return it to
service in the United States.