Old April 23rd 07, 06:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Michael Houghton

Default Radio buzz

Howdy!

In article .com,
Robert M. Gary wrote:
On Apr 20, 11:03 am, (Michael Houghton) wrote:
Howdy!

In article .com,
Robert M. Gary wrote:

On Apr 19, 7:25 am, "RST Engineering" wrote:
That's an interesting heresy and untruth. Mind telling us how you came to
believe this?

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in
messagenews:1176693109.733600.114470@b75g2000hsg. googlegroups.com...

without opening the unit (which is now illegal to do ).- Hide quoted text -

I'm told you have to have an FAA approved manual for the unit to open
it. The manufactor has keep those manuals secret (like Garmin does) so
you have to send it to the factory. However, the factory will no
longer look at it. Are you saying you would be willing to open the
unit and service it for me???

You initial statement was a bald assertion that opening the unit was
*illegal* for you to do. Now you say that someone (unnamed) told you
this.

Perhaps you could examine the relevant regulations to see what rules
apply in what way.

Merely opening up the case is unlikely to be *illegal* on its face.
It might be that, having opened it up, it can't be put back into
service (as a transmitter) without the blessing of someone with the
appropriate radio credentials. It might be that any repairs that are
made have to be vetted by same credentialed repair person. It might
be an old wives' tale.

This is without a doubt the stupidest reply I've ever seen on USNET.
Gee, if you ever need heart surgery I can do that for you. I can
remove your heart. Apparently you don't think its relevant that I
don't know how to put it back in. Once this unit is opened, it is a
paper weight, there is no one who is legally able to return it to
service so I'll have to live with it working intermitantly unless the
cause is external.

Clearly, you have read very little on USENET.

I'm just responding to your words. Your story keeps changing with
each reply.

Can you cite actual regulations that support your claims? You've been
asked in various ways to do so, but you have shown no inclination to
do so. That speaks poorly of your ability to reason from facts.
You continue to insist that if you open it up, it can never be
returned to service. On what grounds (citations required) do you make
that claim?

I hypothesized a number of possible explanations for your claim, but
have no reason to try to do your homework for you. In addition, I see
no reason for you to get abusive in your reply. The fact that you have
done so speaks volumes of your character.

Gees, you'd think there would be an IQ test to use a computer.

Would you get special dispensation to not have to take it?

yours,
Michael

| White Wolf and the Phoenix narrowwares
Bowie, MD, USA |
http://whitewolfandphoenix.com
Proud member of the SCA Internet Whitewash Squad