Old April 29th 16, 04:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

Default No tow services, Salida, CO

On Thursday, April 28, 2016 at 7:45:35 PM UTC-6, Todd wrote:
I just looked at the FAA registration database, and as of now, it (N9642P) is still registered registered to the tow plan operator in Salida. That said, this does not mean that a sale in not in the works.

If sold, sucks for me as I am just about to move there...

They also said most pilots are self-launching or have ordered self-launchers, so future looked uneconomical as seasonal tow only operation.

Doesn't mean someone else will give it a go. It's highly seasonal. The Dunlaps gave it a good run several years ago.

Durango Soaring couldn't sell as a turn-key operation, so it was parted out and the land is now in a conservation easement. Mile High Gliding is for sale. Soaring NV is for sale.