Old May 2nd 19, 06:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kinsell

Default Cambridge Model 20

On 5/2/19 10:23 AM, wrote:
I was wondering if my flight recorder was effected by the GPS recent outage so I plugged it in and noticed that it took a long time for the light to start blinking. Now its a very thick cloudy day today but it concerned me. What are the indicators of date problems with the GPS issues. I do plug the recorder in to charge the battery every 4-6 weeks and had the unit rebuilt a couple years ago.

DC

If this is the first time it's achieved a lock in quite a while, the
long lockup time is not a concern. My 302 took forever to get all three
bars showing, but produced a valid file this year. Like you, I charge
it occasionally over the winter.