Old July 4th 06, 03:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jonathan Goodish

Default Garmin GpsMap 396 - Flight Test

In article t,
Mike Spera wrote:
Then I tried something I never really tried with my other GPS units. I
watched the sat page while transmitting. All sat bars marched down to
the bottom and disappeared in about 5-7 seconds. Release the transmit
button and they immediately came back up to where they were. So, now I
cannot trust this thing while transmitting?

COM will interfere with GPS signal. Try relocating the antenna, or
re-routing the antenna cable. You could probably temporarily suction
the antenna to a rear window, or do some tests on the ground with the
antenna on top of the cabin.

JKG