Old May 3rd 05, 04:33 AM
Robert M. Gary

Keeps the CFIs busy. I remember joining a local club to fly their J-3
after I got rid of the Aeronca. Since the club normally flew 172s I had
to checkout in a 172 with a senior club CFI and then check out in the
J-3 with the one CFI who was tailwheel certified (and not "senior").
However, they had the keys to the J-3 and I wanted them so I just did
what they said. After owning a Mooney for many years it was interesting
to fly the 172.BTW: The 172 checkout was almost an hour. The J-3
checkout was just 3 landings. This was about 3 years ago.

-Robert, CFI