Old July 1st 03, 12:03 AM
Pete

"John Doe" wrote in message

Hello,

In view of the 9/11 attacks, with some fighters being launched unarmed
for want of time, I have been wondering what are the procedures to be
followed before launching fighters onto a mission--I am not talking
about authorizations etc.,

but things like fueling them (or are they
kept fueled?),

Generally kept fueled, unless there is a specific need not to.

You have to:
a) get the missiles from storage (with authorization)
b) transport them. There are some already on trailers, but you can't drive
too fast.
c) load
Arming happens when the standard EOR checks are done. For an alert A/C, or
in an emergency, arming (pulling the safety pins and final checkout) could
be done as it leaves the parking area.

briefing the pilots (and the aircraft's computers?)...

Fly towards (wherever). We'll figure it out later.

Pete