Old March 31st 04, 01:57 PM
Dennis O'Connor

If the visual conditions are such that you cannot see another aircraft in
time to avoid a crash on your own, then it is not truely VFR conditions, now
is it? Time to air file an IFR flight plan and get the man to put green
between you and the bogies... That is ATC's mission...

As far as that call being late - Be aware, when you are vfr, ATC services
are on a time permitting basis... The fact that he called that traffic for
you is nice, but if he had an IFR traffic conflict, or internal phone lines
handing off sector traffic, taking his time you might not have gotten the
call at all - and there you sat all warm and fuzzy, feeling like daddy was
watching over you...

I'm not going to keep beating on the topic because I have made my points...
I like controllers just fine - they are mostly straight up folks, and the
lady atc in the Atlanta sector have downright sexy voices - but you have to
understand the system, and you have to understand human nature, or the
system will eat you...
denny

"Jack Allison" Sorry Denny but I have
to disagree with you. I don't believe ATC is out to
get me.