Old December 11th 03, 02:13 AM
Darrel Toepfer

"Lori Fields" wrote...
Hey guys, how about this. I went to Lakeland Florida this year for
Sun-N-Fun, in the Tripacer, and spent 5 days there in a tent. Granted,

it
was not the most luxurious vacation I have ever had, but it was alot of

fun
for me and I would go back, maybe not for 5 days, but I would go back.

My dad and I flew over Sun-N-Fun this year, in an aluminized '53 Tri-Pacer
he'd just bought in Wachula, on our way back home to Louisiana...

Such a small world we live in... Shot some video of a smoking, looping
aerobatic, as we passed over the fly-in...

We drove straight down in a rental car (800+ miles) and then flew back
that afternoon, after they finished detailing it... No tent, grabbed a few
winks on the sofa in the FBO...

Fogged closed in at Destin after we took off, clear enough to land for
fuel in Hammond, fogged out at our home airport and ended up leaving
it 25 miles from home at another airport at 1am, some 33 hours later...

Finished flying it home the next afternoon, after grabbing many winks...

Dads supposed to write about it in Short Wing, just got the latest issue
and didn't see it... Might not have turned it in yet...

The plane was just too small for me and my instructor, so he sold it in
October... I'm now signed off on a C177 Cardinal and a C150
Commuter, solo'd at 8 hours last month, will try to complete
everything before the new year, for my PPL... Will do more
hood work, and and finish up on my Short Field Landings,
tomorrow...

Maybe one day, my wife will fly with me... g