Old November 30th 06, 09:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
clare at snyder.on.ca

Default panel Dimmer

On Thu, 30 Nov 2006 17:47:03 +0100, "Rob Turk"
wrote:

clare at snyder.on.ca wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 29 Nov 2006 19:20:08 -0500, "Charlie"
wrote:

Hi All,

I have incandescent lights in my homebuilt panel and LCD displayse in
avonics. What type of dimmer is needed for these components, and will one
work equally well for the lights and the LCD's or would it be better for
the
LCD's to have their own. Then, what is the way to go for the least amount
of hassel? I am far more intrested in the contrast adjustment of the
avonics than the control of the lights. Is one control suitable for three
different LCD displays?

Charlie

A "chopper" will work with both, but 2 separate ones would likely work
better.

You'll have all sorts of fun with radio interference...

Rob

The majority of dash lamp dimmers in automotive apps today are
choppers. Properly filtered, they are quiet - but you DO have to do it
right.