Old January 13th 07, 05:16 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Wayne Paul

Default Me-108 - 1 attachment

"Bob Harrington" wrote in message
"Wayne Paul" wrote in
:

Now the marking on this one IS strange. The Polish Wilga (PZL-104)
was designed to tow gliders (up to 3 at a time) and provide skydiving
training. It has been in continuous production since 1962 (first
flight was April 24, 1962).

It definitely is a post war design. I don't see any logical reason
for WWII German markings.

Wayne
HP-14 "6F"
http://www.soaridaho.com/

I saw this at the Burlington Airport (north of Seattle) in April 2005.
It, and another Wilga in more standard colors, are/were apparently for
sale, this one didn't have an N-registration, and I don't think it was
fully airworthy yet.

When I asked one of the folks that were working on it about the markings,
I got a story that "it was a Polish post-war modification of the Fiesler
Storch." Riiiight, and if my grandmother had wheels, she'd be a wagon!

Don't know if it had been used in a movie perhaps, or just a rather
creative bit of imagination.

Bob,

We had a Wilga land at the Nampa airport on 9/11. Being one of the glider
guys, I just had to get a few pictures.
http://www.soaridaho.com/Guest_Photos/Wilga.htm This is a PZL factory paint
job.

It doesn't look like a "Fiesler Storch" to me.

Wayne
HP-14 "6F"
http://www.soaridaho.com/