Old June 23rd 09, 01:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Wayne Paul

Default Moisture in Winter Vario

I have a HP-14 which is kept assembled and tied down on the ramp. This has never been problem until this Spring. (There has been far more rain then normal this year.)

When flying last Friday I noticed water droplets on the inside of the Winter mechanical vario lens and the instrument was erratic when compared to the electronic vario. Since I landed the Winter's needle has indicated 1/2 kt down.

The instrument panel has been removed and the total energy system purged. How do I get the moisture out of the Winter Vario?

Wayne
http://www.soaridaho.com/