Old September 12th 04, 05:42 PM
Bob Coe

"Ed Rasimus" wrote

And, does anyone remember how you centered a heading with a
typewriter?

You counted the letters in the line to be typed, then centered the
roller and backspaced half the number of letters before starting to
type.

Can you imagine a commander typing himself an MFR going through that
sort of centered heading drill?

Yes, yes!

When I first saw the memo's, I thought maybe the Guard couldn't
afford letterhead. Didn't the Guard have letterhead back then?

Someone called it "Rathergate" and I thought this was pretty funny, since
CBS attaches -gate to just about everything political.