Old August 7th 03, 09:25 PM
Barry Ward

I cannot understand how you could ever get higher FPS in full screen mode
than in windowed mode-- because it is in fullscreen mode that AntiAliasing
is used. AA generally affects FPS and hence full screen mode gives lower
FPS.

Just as a test, turn off AA and see how the FPS stack up in both modes. Of
course, to compare FPS in the 2 modes , the desktop screen resolution must
be set to the same res that is set in the Sim for full screen mode.

Barry

"Anders Lassen" wrote in message
k...
Right...

Let me just contribute to the general confusion about this:

I couldn't see any reflections in the water the first couple of days I

used
FS04 - no matter how I set the sliders. Then I scanned a local (danish)
newsgroup.

One guy wrote, that in order to really see the water reflections, you had

go to "international settings" and change it from "Danish" to "English
(US)".

This sounded as the most far out thing I had ever heard - but I tried it -
and it worked! Now I have really cool reflections and it really doesn't
affect framerate much!

Only thing that really confuses me now is that I used to get the best
fraerates in fullscreen mode. Now, I get rates of 20-25 fps in Windows
mode - but only 10-15 fps in fullscreen. (resolution: 1280x1024 in both
views.

Any good explanations here?

Anders
Denmark

System:
AMD 1200
512 Mb
Nividia Ti4200 128 MB

"Worrybird" skrev i en meddelelse
.net...
The FS2004 Water Effects Slider works backwards.

Wait until you see what it is supposed to look like, its really an
astounding effect!

To get the effect: Options - Settings - Display

Max out the Terrain detail: land & water (all the way to the right)
Water effects: None (all the way to the left)

Go flying and bring your bathing suit.