Old August 8th 03, 11:40 AM
Eddie

"pr" wrote in message
ds.com...
Katy ) wrote:

It's not backwards, let me explain again:

I have a feeling you are going to be doing this a lot over the next few
months.

at the highest setting the
water effect needs DX8 compliant video hardware to turn on the
bump-mapping effect, creating a sort of 3-D waves on the water
surface...

Hmmm.. I am pretty sure I am running DX8-complient video hardware, what
with a Radeon 8700 Pro card on board, yet I do not see any special effects
with the slider to the right. Perhaps this does work with the right sim or
driver settings but I have not taken the time to experiment with the
unlimited display permutations.

Nice effect but requires tremendous resources, after
looking at it a while I turned it off to keep performance even, the
usual FS2002 shimmering effect of water is good enough :-)

Very good.

--
Peter

I'm using DX9 complaint hardware!