Old September 5th 08, 12:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
01-- Zero One

Default Boy Who Flew With Condors - Dick Johnson? Other Comments

" wrote in message
:

On Sep 4, 9:00 am, wrote:
On Aug 27, 4:11 pm, wrote:

* While I am sure that many of the soaring types shown in the movie
are the real deal, did the two teenagers (Chris Jury and Margaret ???)
exist or were they simply Hollywood actors? If real, did they do
their own flying (the Torres Pines beach takeoff especially).

I found this link that mentions some more about Chris Jury. He got
his diamond altitude at the age of 14 on Apr. 5 1964, it says.
Sadly,
it also mentions he lost his life in a power plane crash in the 1970s.

That link did not copy correctly, it should have been:

I just received my copy of "The Boy Who Flew With Condors"

I have another piece of "Boy Who Flew With Condors" trivia from the
far
reaches of my remote memory -
Who knows the name of the flag man
in the winch launch scene from the Torrey Pines sequence?

Hint: He is also in this beautiful picture on the cover or "Soaring".
http://soaringweb.org/Soaring_Index/...71Feb_full.jpg

This dang thing keeps truncating that link - the truncated
part of the url smpawl... should be "smpawling"

Then use http://tinyurl.com/

Larry