Old April 6th 04, 02:39 PM
James M. Knox

is valid, but mail.ru is on a lot of blacklists.

Seems odd that the ISP is blocking email going out to .ru. Usually
spam filters block incomming .ru mail.

More and more are blocking OUTGOING mail as well (to block rogue senders).
Spam is getting out of hand, but so is the (often stealth) response to it
by ISP's. More and more are subscribing to these hackneyed blacklist
sites, whatever is bottom dollar (or free). The result is massive amounts
of legitimate e:mail never reaching it destination.

Heck, right now I am in the process of moving off of one of my ISP's. The
reason? I just upgraded to a higher tier of DSL and that moved me to a
different server. *MY* incoming ISP is blocking most mail from YAHOO or
SWBELL -- including mail I send to myself.

And Angel Flight South Central is blocking mail from me... and I am
chairman of the board!

A feller' could get a complex about stuff like this. G

James M. Knox
TriSoft ph 512-385-0316
1109-A Shady Lane fax 512-366-4331
Austin, Tx 78721