Old November 24th 05, 06:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft

Default Dumb Q re R22

Andrew Crane wrote:
"JohnO" wrote in message
ups.com...

I guess with the low
intertia rotors leaning out too much and not correcting quickly could
lead to a crash.

Out of curiosity, how does the low inertia come into play here?

I meant low inertia in the rotors means less time to correct rotor RPM
decay before it becomes fatal, right?

I'd like to see an R44 based turbine powered ship from Robinson myself

But why? Isn't the R44 is about as fast as a light turbine anyway? What
would happen to the operating costs with a turbine?

Well I wouldn't imagine they'd come down :-)

Do R44 Raven II pilots find that the EFi makes flight much better/safer
than the non EFi R44?

The two machines are poles apart, but I don't know how much that is down to
the fuel injection. Certainly not having to mess with carb heat is a plus,
as is having bags more power available.

Yeah, nice!