Old March 23rd 04, 12:57 AM
Blueskies

The legally fly 10% over certified gross weight in Alaska...

--
Dan D.

..
"David J" wrote in message . ..
Thanks for all of the responses. The FBO did not have the equipment so I
bought a couple of cans from the old Walmart and we siphoned fuel out. It
was to late to ask them not to top off tanks. Made the flight just fine I
just wanted to know if there was a fudge factor built into the weight and
balance and was not sure about the legal aspects.

Thank You
"David J" wrote in message
.. .
INFO:
Taking a 2 hour trip with two on board in 172S. We are 280 lb each.(560)
Fuel 53 gal at (318lbs) a little luggage 50 to 75 pounds. 2002 172S Empty
Weight (1720) after figuring W&B total weight is 2673 or 123 lbs over 2550
max takeoff and landing weight. Upon arrival I will be at or near landing
weight after fuel burn. I can ask FBO to unload 20 gallons of fuel or so

at
an extra expense of $2.72 a gallon and get the numbers right.

QUESTION:
Can I safely/legally takeoff 4000 foot runway, 60 air temp elevation 400'
180hp or should I just bite the bullet and pay for the extra fuel to be
unloaded as opposed to taking a chance. Please be nice to me I know I

need
to loose weight. I do want to be safe just don't have enough expierience

make this judgement call without a little help from the expierience in

this
group.

David J
PP-ASEL