Old February 8th 06, 04:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default Airborne DF

Hi Jim, Yes, I will have the panels, but when you try to pull a 9" diameter
object through a 4" hole, something groans. I want to build the device, and
make the electronic antenna rotor in a box small enough to get through the
hole. If the antennas are mounted to the groundplane via BNC or something,
I will be able to try different versions, but the groundplane will have to
be permanent.

Charlie
"Morgans" wrote in message

"ccwillwerth" wrote

I like the Picco Doppler Mini Antenna of the system John sent info on. I
could bury it in the wooden wing with dual band rubber duck antennas.
The problem is that once it is in, access would be difficult to
accomplish. I will be covering the wing during the summer. I gusee I
could try it out before then. Thanks for the input.

A few extra access panels could make things much better, no?
--
Jim in NC