Old December 13th 07, 02:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt, rec.aviation.piloting, rec.skydiving

Default FYI: Dec 12 MythBusters: Airplane Hour

On Dec 13, 4:11 am, James Sleeman wrote:
On Dec 13, 10:19 pm, James Sleeman wrote:

For those outside the US, you can find it with a search for
mythbusters on piratebay.org now, but you didn't hear that from me.

Argh, before anybody else does, don't bother if you're only wanting
plane ona treadmill, because, they dropped it from the episode.
Quoting from the MythBusters forum...

--- Begin Quote ---

I have just received an email from Dan Tapster, executive producer of
MythBusters.

Thanks to all the activity, he can't log in and asked me to post this
for him.

quote:
"Adam? Jamie? Dan? Someone step up and tell us what happened tonight."

Dear all,

As wbarnhill called out, I thought I should step in to what is rapidly
becoming a hornet's nest. I will try to calm things down but I don't
hold out much hope!

First up, for those concerned that this story has been cancelled,
don't worry, planes on a conveyer belt has been filmed, is
spectacular, and will be part of what us Mythbusters refer to as
'episode 97'. Currently that is due to air on January 30th.

Secondly, for those very aggrieved fans feeling "duped" into watching
tonight's show, I can only apologise. I'm not sure why the listings /
internet advertised that tonight's show contained POCB. I will
endeavour to find out an answer but for those conspiracy theorists
amongst you, I can assure you that it will have just been an honest
mistake. At one point
several months ago, POCB was going to be part of Airplane Hour.
Somewhere, someone has mistakenly posted the wrong listing. It will
have been a genuine mistake but nonetheless it was a mistake which is
unacceptable. As said I will try to find out what went wrong and hope
that you will see fit to forgive the team at Discovery.

Thanks in advance,

Dan

And with that, the entire board is going "READ ONLY" until I can clean
up the mess.

MythMod

--- End Quote ---

I want the treadmill..... I want the treadmill.... :)).

Lil ben