Old July 5th 08, 05:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Default CIRRUS ROLLS OUT 'THE JET'

"Peter Dohm" wrote in
:

There's so much I don't know about airplane design, but don't recall
ever seeing structure so close to the exhaust plume of a jet engine
before. I'd have guessed having thrust be in line with the center of
gravity would have been a design goal, but they know more about
design than I ever will. Never the less, what a beautiful airplane
that is. Do they take American Express?

IIRC, some of the very early jets--especially German--were built
exactly this way.

Like the Salamander you mean? It wasn't anywhere near as close to
structure, but in any case it's not all that much of a problem temp wise if
that's what was meant.

It should have an added advantage in being unlikely to injest foreign
matter from the ground or thrown by the tires; but early rotation has
been an issue on various jets in the past.

How do you mean?

Bertie