Old August 16th 08, 04:19 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
hielan' laddie

Default Missing parts for NASA HiRes Shuttle Pics - NASA HiRes Shuttle Pics.part140.rar

On Sat, 16 Aug 2008 10:29:30 -0400, Wayne Paul wrote
(in article ):

"hielan' laddie" wrote in message
On Thu, 14 Aug 2008 14:14:20 -0400, Peter Hucker wrote
(in article ):

Exactly. The moaners are making a mountain out of a pimple.

Ignore 'em, J3. Keep on going.

Just to **** 'em off further, I may post a few of the pix as well... using
YENC, of course.

I have enjoyed this group for the past five years. I am sad to report that
due to the negativity and lack of civility I will be no longer
participating.

It is obvious that very few of you care whether I am here or not; however,
if others like me keep leaving all that will be left are people with
vocabulary are limited to four letter words and masculinity measured by
their ability to demean users who lack the latest "geek" skills.

So which 'four letter words' annoyed you? '****'? Ooh, golly gee whillickers.
Such an obscenity. Hide the children.

I have repeatedly stated, in so many words, that I _don't care_ which
newsreader anyone else uses. If you want to use something crippled, it's no
skin off of _my_ nose. Go for it, use whatever you like. However, I _do_ care
when those who use inadequate, crippled, newsreaders, bitch and moan when
someone posts something that their inadequate, crippled, newsreader can't
handle. Your bitching and moaning is an attempt to prevent me from using _my_
chosen newsreader to the best of its abilities, something which strikes me
presumptuous, and, given your lack of ability to actually enforce your
wishes, stupid. I, personally, have pointed out on repeated occasions, there
are a multitude of cheap/free newsreaders which are _not_ crippled. If
someone refuses to use one of them, well, that's just too damn (oops, there's
that potty-mouth again, ah, well, tough...) bad. Use the newsreader you
like... but don't complain if you can't see some posts. Your inability to see
certain posts is _your_ problem. Deal with it. Or don't. I don't give a damn.
(potty mouth strikes again!)

As for the 'latest in "geek" skills'... The version of Hogwasher I use dates
to 2006. Anyone who uses MS Mail from Vista has a newer newsreader than I do.
Of course, they have a newer _crippled_ newsreader while I have an older
_real_ newsreader, but hey, I made a choice a long time ago to move away from
MSOE precisely because it was crippled then... and it hasn't improved since.
The 'geek skills' I have mentioned are merely the ability to use a filter:
either to filter _in_ the files you want to see, or to filter _out_ the files
you _don't_ want to see. I have been assured that MSOE has this ability. You
could, if you wish, use it and filter out my posts, plus any .rar and YENC
posts. Or you can bitch and moan and whinge and achieve _nothing_ other than
making yourself a figure of fun. Your choice, m'man.

And if you would rather leave than make the minimal effort to get a real
newsreader, well, that speaks volumes about _you_. Go with God... just don't
let the doorknob hit you on the ass (oops! potty mouth again!) on your way
out.